Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year, New Lear

Well, not literally (we don't plan on it anyway), but figuratively we are new Lears this year. Our New Year's celebration itself was non-existent as Shane and I both worked. By the time I got home at 11:45 p.m. he was in the bed, along with Avery, so I jumped in with them and fell sleep before midnight. Woohoo! Really, I didn't mind so much. I rang in the new year sleeping (which I love to do) with the people I love the most.

Before getting pregnant with Avery, Shane and I were both really into working-out. This definitely warrants a couple pics of us when we first got together.



 For some reason we stopped and have decided to start again with the new year. I have to give major props to my hubs because he bought some fitness equipment and put it in our basement and has plans to buy more in hopes that having the stuff here will allow us a better chance to actually us it.

In addition to renewed fitness attitudes, Shane lost his iPhone last week and despite our offer of a reward, it is still m.i.a. So we switched from iPhones to Droids. I sort of feel like a traitor, but Shane is super excited about the change. It's taking a little getting used to for me. I remember the days before my iPhone when I had no desire to have a smartphone and Shane went and ruined it all for me by buying me an iPhone and each new version the day it would come out (except for the iPhone 4, which I didn't want).

I guess you could say we did add a new Lear, our miniature schnauzer puppy, Gretel. She is so sweet, tiny, and absolutely wonderful!!! We had a pitbull before Gretel and I loved our Spike, but Gretel is the bee's knees when it comes to dogs. She's spunky and chill and she loves Avery (although, frankly Avery isn't so pleased with Gretel). I love seeing Gretel try to play with Avery. The scene goes a little like this: Gretel frolics to Avery and starts licking/nibbling on a random body part. Avery scowls at Gretel and either slaps her and pulls her hair and slings her away. Ah, it was love at first sight for both of them. Lol.

1 comment: